Thursday, March 17, 2011

Opulent Temple white party

This weekend was a bit of a bummer.

We were supposed to go for this Sacred Dance 'white party' - don't worry if you don't have the foggiest what that means, I don't either - but it sounded particularly conducive to a night of divine dancing and drunken debauchery. But, alas, this was not meant to be...

I was having a pretty bad day, but since when have I decided to listen to my body's signals? Managed to get ready, sit in the car, almost reach the venue, then realized that I had forgotten my ID at home. Turned back, reached the house, picked up the ID...and just didn't feel well enough to go out again!

Dark cloud: was quite disappointed, esp since we had bought tkts in advance and had been looking fwd to an evening out.

Silver lining: got to get all dressed up in white, with glittering silvery make-up, take pics and feel pretty. And don't ever underestimate the value of feeling pretty!!


3 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous!!

    I know how you felt - it's so tough when you badly want to do something and your body...just...can't.

    Glad you could see the silver lining and enjoy one aspect of the evening - hope you were able to rest and recuperate today.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice boot covers missy ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete