Sunday, February 15, 2009

M.O.B. - Update

Some of you may have noticed that I've not been keeping up with my 'Moment of Beauty' posts very regularly. The reason for this is not that I can't things worth posting - in fact, it's incredible how much beauty I've been seeing in the most unexpected places now that I'm looking for it.

The reasons I haven't been blogging abt them are:

1. I haven't had my camera with me (this has happened a couple of times)

2. I haven't been quick enough to capture something in motion - a hummingbird outside my window last week, a gull landing in water.

3. But the most common reason is this - I look out of the same window , walk down the same path with Lola everyday. And everyday it looks different, beautiful in a unique way. Sometimes I see a single ray of sunshine hitting the water just so, other times I look at the raindrops falling on the same water, and still other days I concentrate on how the clouds in the clear blue sky are reflected in that very water.

And though I see a different beauty everyday, the actual place is the same and I'm not a good enough photographer to capture it's myriad moods.

I hope that those of you who do actually read my blog are still taking a moment out of your day to reflect on the beauty around you - it doesn't matter if you can't photograph it, or even describe it. It doesn't matter if it's the same flower - once a bud, now in bloom. What matters is that you feel that rush of joy when you see it, that it brings a smile to your face and a feeling of wonder to your heart. That it makes your day just a little bit brighter than it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment